Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about recruiting at LVC. We look forward to partnering with you!
We are available via phone and email to work closely with you on your hiring and recruiting needs, future engagement on campus, and to help connect you with LVC students. Please know that we are here to help you promote your current roles to our students.
Get to Know LVC Students
Employers love to be active and engaged on our campus, and we understand that every organization is unique! We look forward to working with you to cultivate and enhance your company's efforts for connecting with LVC students. We welcome recruitment and sponsorship initiatives from employer partners to ensure that your time spent on campus is meaningful.
|Recruitment Opportunities||Employer Engagement Opportunities|
We ask that you be aware of the Policies and Agreements Concerning Employers that govern our operation and profession and conduct your recruiting activities accordingly. We care about the safety and well-being of our students. Additionally, we are excited to partner with you and help you achieve your hiring goals.
Do you have a job or internship to post? Would you like to schedule an on-campus interview visit? Click here to log into Handshake or see the options below for more information, including how to register.
Handshake offers many features, including:
- Managing all your campuses with Handshake at no cost.
- A mobile experience - update your job postings, view applicants, and more all while on the go using Handshake's responsive design.
- Searching for students and reaching out directly with in-app messaging.
Job Posting Policies
The Breen Center for Graduate Success has created the following policies to ensure that current students and alumni are treated fairly and are being recruited for legitimate positions.
- Lebanon Valley College cares about the safety and well-being of our students and families in the community. With respect to job placement, childcare positions involve particularly sensitive vetting of both job candidates and potential employers. Lebanon Valley College’s Breen Center for Graduate Success believes that our students and community families will be best served by using other placement services that are specifically designed to address these sensitive childcare job placement needs.
- Positions that require a charge to the student will not be approved
- Job description provided must be detailed, clear, and comprehensive
- Compensation should be indicated and based on base salary (not including commission)
- Company/organization must have an active website and company email address (no personal email addresses will be permitted)
Employers are asked to adhere to the following:
- The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Ethical Professional Practice
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Handshake is the recruiting platform used by Lebanon Valley College since July 2016. Handshake utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide the employer with a user-friendly ability to manage the elements of your engagement with students at LVC. This includes features that allow you to post jobs and internships, manage on-campus recruiting, register for events and career fairs, and communicate with students and alumni who meet your qualifications.
You are able to promote your brand by customizing your employer profile, events, and job posts.
How do I create a Handshake account?
To Create Your Own Handshake Account:
Click on the "Employer" area at lvc.joinhandshake.com/register. You will be asked to pick your company from a list or create a new company. Any company whose email domain matches yours will be suggested. For example, if your email is "email@example.com", all companies using "handshake.com" will be suggested.
These are the options depending on your situation:
- Claim Company: If you are the first user from your company to sign up for Handshake, and your company was pre-created by the Breen Center, then you can claim your company. We will then be notified of your request and verify your account, allowing you to take most actions in the system.
- Join Company: If your company already exists and you are not the first user, select your company from the list of suggestions. One of the other Handshake users at that company or the Breen Center will need to verify you before you can access most site features. Notifications of your request to join will be sent to ensure that it is handled in a timely manner.
- Create Company: If your company doesn't exist, you can create a new company. It will start out with the same name as your email domain. For example, if you signed up under "firstname.lastname@example.org", the company would be named "email.com". Click on the company name, then click "Edit" in the upper-right corner to update your company name and details.
How do I post jobs/internships?
Posting a job is simple! Follow the steps below:
1. Click on Jobs in the left-hand navigation bar.
2. Click on Create a Job.
3. To complete a job post, please complete each step in the process (progress bar is located at the bottom of the screen).
4. On the last step, the green Create button appears at the end of the progress bar.
5. Once you create the job, a member of the staff in the Breen Center will review and approve the job post. The approval process may take up to 24 hours.
How do I register for a fair or event?
To Register for at fair at LVC:
- Click on the link that you received in your invitation to register for the career fair (if you did not receive a link, log into Handshake. On the left-hand navigation bar, click on Fairs. In the search field, type Lebanon Valley College. A list of the fairs we offer for the public view will be listed).
- Click Log in to an existing Handshake account. If you do not have a Handshake account, you will be prompted to create one.
- Once you log in, you will be taken to the career fair registration page. Click Register.
- Select a booth option and add any extra options by clicking Add an Item.
- Enter the number of representatives attending and their names.
- Answer any additional questions from the Breen Center and click Create Registration when finished.
How do I complete an on-campus interview schedule?
We have numerous pre-created on-campus interview schedules available for you to choose from. To request an on-campus interview, follow the steps below:
- Click Interviews on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Request Interview Schedule.
- To complete an on-campus interview request, please complete each step in the process (progress bar is located at the bottom of the screen).
- Click Request.
- Your interview schedule will be submitted to the Breen Center for staff approval. You will be notified when your schedule has been reviewed, and the decision provided.
What if I need help?
If you are experiencing problems connecting with us on Handshake, posting a job, registering for an event, or requesting an on-campus interview, please contact us at 717-867-6560 or email@example.com.
Handshake support provides excellent troubleshooting assistance. If you are experiencing technical difficulties in Handshake, click here to visit the Handshake support center.