This committee recognizes the achievements of fellow alumni through the selection of annual alumni awards. Committee members research, nominate and prepare award citations for: the Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna Award, Alumni Citations, the Young Alumni Award, the June Herr Educator of the Year Award, and the Creative Achievement Award. The committee meets two-to-three times a year. For more information, or to join the Alumni Awards Committee, please contact Susan Jones '92, at the Office of Alumni & Family Engagement at 717-867-6321.
Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
This committee selects the inductees for the LVC Athletic Hall of Fame. The Athletic Hall of Fame induction is held during Homecoming Weekend. The committee meets twice a year. For more information or to join the Hall of Fame Awards Committee, please contact Susan Jones '92 at the Office of Alumni & Family Engagement at 717-867-6321.
Recruit Future Dutchmen
- Admission Events: Volunteer to assist an Admission Counselor at a college fair near you.
- Show your LVC Spirit: Request posters and print materials to display at your local high school.
- Alumni Referral Scholarship: Alumni are welcome to refer high school students to LVC, and encourage them to visit and apply. Students who are offered admission to the College will receive a $1000 per year Alumni Referral Scholarship for up to four years of full-time undergraduate enrollment. Alumni should complete the Alumni Referral Scholarship form for students as early as 9th grade but must be submitted prior to the student receiving admission to LVC.
- Valley Forward Scholarship: This $1,000 scholarship is available to community members enrolling in certain LVC graduate programs. Find more information here.
- For more information, please contact Susan Jones '92 at the Office of Alumni & Family Engagement at 717-867-6321.
Mentor a Dutchman
The Breen Center for Graduate Success provides several ways for alumni to get involved as mentors:
Pizza with Professionals
This series of informal sessions gives students the opportunity to connect with alumni from a variety of industries over pizza. These sessions provide students with a chance to gain in-depth knowledge about a career paths, increase connections, and learn from others' first-hand experiences. In turn, alumni have the opportunity to connect with students, share their career stories, and provide updates about open positions at their company.
Mock Interview Mania Week
A week designated in mid-fall and spring semesters where we ask alumni to volunteer for the day or half-day to host mock interviews for students. The volunteers complete brief evaluations of the students they interviewed to provide instant feedback and constructive criticism.
Local, Regional, or City/Major Specific Site Visits
Host a site visit at your place of employment. Typically, site visits are 1-2 hours, and may include a brief tour, discussion with an HR representative, or panel presentations.
Career Connections Mentor Program
Become a part of current students' LVC experience by joining Career Connections, an online mentoring program that provides students and recent graduates an opportunity to tap into the LVC Global Network for exploration, networking, and mentoring during the job or internship search process. Career Connections is open to alumni from any career background. The program offers a flexible time commitment based on personal availability.
Affinity Gatherings or Events
Enhance connections with classmates and affinity groups by planning gatherings or events.