Marsha Curry-Nixon is a 2004 alumna of Lebanon Valley College ’04. During her educational journey, she chartered the first Circle K Club, was a proud member of the Gospel Choir "Voices of the Spirit," and participated in various student activities.
This Educational Scholarship was established to assist individuals whose lives have been impacted by incarceration. The award of $2,000 ($1,000 in the fall semester and $1,000 in the spring semester) will be presented to one candidate for financial support to be used toward tuition, books, or classroom materials.
Must meet one of these categories:
- ALANA background
- A family member or community member with a system-involved background
- Non-traditional college student
The student must also meet ALL these criteria:
- Attend Lebanon Valley College
- Must attend college full-time (minimum of 12 credits)
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
How to apply
The application opens in March each year with an application deadline in April.
To apply for this scholarship, please email the following items to Annesha Edwards-Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Institutional Success with the subject line Amiracle4sure.
- This cover sheet.
- A student résumé.
- A 500-word minimum essay stating the need for the funds.
It is your responsibility to ensure that these requirements are received by the deadline.