LVC's Counseling Services mission is to enhance students' ability to cope with the psychological, academic, and relational issues that impede their ability to function optimally in college, as well as foster overall well-being, contribute to their identity development crucial at this stage, and at times, treat mental illness and crises as they arise. We uphold confidentiality & privacy while striving for inclusive excellence regardless of all differences including sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or economic/racial/cultural background.
- Department will offer quality counseling services by providing multi-levels of care to students and help with retention.
- End-of-semester surveys were received at a 33% response rate and found 85% satisfied with clinical services.
- 50% of students said Counseling Services helped with academic performance.
- 25% were planning to take a leave of absence prior to Counseling Services and 50% said Counseling Services had an impact on them remaining at LVC.
- Students will demonstrate oral communication skills in academics and personal relationships through the counseling process.
- End-of-semester surveys found 75% agreed or strongly agreed that Counseling Services helped them to express themselves more genuinely.
- Students will demonstrate problem-solving skills and coping ability in academics and personal relationships through the counseling process.
- End-of-semester surveys found 72% agreed or strongly agreed that Counseling Services helped them in their problem-solving and coping abilities.
- Students will demonstrate greater self-awareness through the counseling process and through feedback from outreach screenings.
- End-of-semester surveys found 64% of respondents agreed or strongly agreed that Counseling helped them improve their self-confidence and self-esteem.