We have a welcoming environment that supports the understanding and acceptance of persons with disabilities throughout the College community, and provides reasonable and appropriate accommodations. The Center for Accessibility Resources affirms the right of persons with disabilities to obtain access in a manner promoting dignity and independence.
Students with disabilities who need to receive accommodations initiate the process with the Center for Accessibility Resources by identifying as a student with a disability, providing appropriate documentation, and requesting the relevant accommodations.
Service Request Process:
- The student registers with the Center for Accessibility Resources. Students may complete a registration form in our office or register online.
- The student provides documentation of disability.
- The student schedules a collaborative intake with the director of accessibility resources to discuss and determine the need for academic accommodations. Planning for Disability-Related Services
- If the student is eligible for accommodations, an agreement is signed between the director of accessibility resources and the student.
- An accommodation letter is issued to the student for the semester.
- Students share the letter and discuss the accommodations with individual course professors: Talking to Professors About Your Disability