Part-Time Student Refunds
Full tuition is refunded if withdrawal notification is received before the second day of class. Full tuition is refundable if the course is canceled by the College. See the current refund table as posted on the Business Office page for specific dates for partial refunds. Students receiving federal financial assistance (Title IV) and who are enrolled in traditional term courses also follow federal policy with respect to Title IV aid.
Note: Some or all instruction for all or part of Academic Year 2021-2022 may be delivered remotely or in hybrid format. Tuition and the comprehensive fee have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely or in hybrid format for any part of the Academic Year.
Temporary or permanent changes to the method of delivery of instruction, regardless of when they are implemented, are not grounds for refunds under this policy.
The value of a Lebanon Valley College education and degree, whether in-person or remote, continues to exceed tuition. Moreover, our main educational costs are continuing, as the services they provide are continuing; our infrastructure costs are continuing; and we are incurring additional costs for online education and actions we are taking to respond to the pandemic. As such, Lebanon Valley College does not refund tuition and comprehensive fee because of changes to the method of delivery of instruction.
Students and families who are in financial distress due to the coronavirus pandemic are encouraged to reach out for help. Please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Non-Standard Term Part-Time Students Refunds
Students enrolled in one or more non-term courses (modules) and courses that do not span the entire semester will receive a refund of institutional charges according to the current refund table. Students receiving federal financial assistance (Title IV) also follow federal policy with respect to Title IV aid with the following clarifications:
- If a student fails to complete all modules scheduled for a semester, the student is considered a withdrawal at the time the student ceases attendance.
- If a student withdraws from a module but indicates in writing to the College that he or she will attend a later module during the same semester and that module begins no later than 45 calendar days after the end of the module the student ceased attending, the student is not considered a withdrawal. If the student fails to attend the later module, the date of withdrawal reverts to the original withdrawal from the prior module. The later module will be included in the period of enrollment.
- Without written confirmation of the student’s intent to attend a later module in the same semester, a student who withdraws from a module or has ceased attendance is considered a withdrawal.
- If a student begins but fails to complete the final module(s) in a semester, the student is considered to have withdrawn.
- If a student receives a failing grade for the final module (s) in a semester, the College must determine if the student ceased attending and is therefore considered a withdrawal.
- The Return of Title IV Funds calculation process will begin as soon as possible after it is determined that a student has withdrawn or ceased attendance. The institution must return the amount of Title IV funds for which it is responsible no later than 45 days after determining the student’s last date of attendance or active participation in an instructional activity related to the student's course of study. If the student returns for a later module in the payment period, the Return of Title IV Funds will be reversed.
Current Refund Table
|Courses Greater Than 8 Weeks||5, 6, 7, and 8 Week Courses||Courses Less Than 5 Weeks (Except Winter)||3 Week Winter Courses|
|Before Start of 2nd Class||100% Refund|
|After Start of 2nd Class||No Refund|
|Before Start of 4th Day of Class||100% Refund|
|After Start of 4th Day of Class||No Refund|
|Before Start of 2nd Week of Class||100% Refund||100% Refund|
|Before Start of 3rd Week of Class||75% Refund||50% Refund|
|Before Start of 4th Week of Class||50% Refund||30% Refund|
|Before Start of 5th Week of Class||30% Refund||No Refund|
|After Start of 5th Week of Class||No Refund|
*The end of each week of classes shall be defined as 11:59 p.m. on the 7th calendar day following the start of the applicable week of classes. The end of each day of Winter classes shall be defined as 11:59 p.m.
**Online courses are always considered to start on Mondays, for refund percentage purposes.
***Military Education Benefits fall under the Non-Title IV policy; however, some exceptions may apply due to specific Department of Defense and VA regulations.