LVC Website Best Practices
As you work to update and maintain your department webpages, please take note of the following tips and best practices to ensure the best possible user experience:
- Limit copy on any particular page to 300-400 words. If you have additional information, it is best to create another page. Our office will be happy to assist in organizing your content structure.
- Avoid cluttering your page. Using too many links or images or applying multiple text treatments (bold, underline, alignment, etc.) detracts from the eye appeal of the page. Webpages should be clean and crisp.
- Rely on the Marketing & Communications Office to assist with the placement of images on your pages. Files should be saved at 72 dpi in jpg format and our office can assist you in making sure your images appear correctly.
- Check links regularly. If you are linking to other parts of the LVC website or to an external website, be sure to test your links regularly to make sure they are still directing to the right destination.
- Update blogs and social media pages often. These platforms are meant to share new content and engage with other users. For this reason, it is important to keep your posts up to date. A blog should be updated at least 3-4 times per month; social media updates can occur multiple times per day.
Please contact the Office of Marketing & Communications with any questions on these best practices. Each department has a web liaison, but we are always available for training sessions on the content management system.