While prior teaching experience is not a requirement for entrance into this degree program, individuals considering the pursuit of a masters degree in music education should plan on teaching one to three years prior to initial enrollment or before completing the degree. It is the conviction of this faculty that graduate study will be more meaningful to the individual if he or she has first gained experience in the field.
- All candidates must have a bachelor's degree in music from a regionally accredited college or university and submit an official transcript with the application.
- Any graduate courses to be considered for transfer (up to nine credits, a maximum of 6 credits in the core), also require an official transcript sent by the respective colleges or universities to the Director of Master of Music Education.
- All candidates must submit a current resume and a personal written statement (one page) indicating why they wish to pursue this degree with the application form.
- Secure, electronic delivery to email@example.com is also available.
- All candidates must hold and submit a copy of a current Teaching Certificate in Music with the application.
- Graduate admissions are on a rolling basis; action will be taken promptly after all paperwork has been received and evaluated.
Application materials can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Lebanon Valley College
101 N. College Ave.
Annville, PA 17003
A maximum of 9 credits (a maximum of 6 core credits) may be transferred from another graduate program with the approval of the program director and the registrar. No transfer credit shall be accepted if the grade earned at another institution was less than B. Students wishing to transfer credits may be asked to submit course outline, the textbook used, and any reading materials, so proper credit may be given.