O'Donnell Scholarship in English
The O'Donnell Scholarship includes $5,000 per annum, awarded on a competitive basis to high school seniors who have been offered admission to Lebanon Valley College and plan to major in English. In addition, scholarship recipients will meet the following criteria:
- High school class rank in the top 10%
- Submission of an application, which includes an essay describing academic accomplishments and interest in the study of English (maximum 1,000 words)
- Successful completion of an on-campus interview with members of the English department faculty
Applicants must submit application materials by February 1, 2016, and interviews will be conducted in late February of the student's senior year. Scholarship awards are determined by early March. Lebanon Valley College awards two O'Donnell Scholarships annually, and the award is renewable for four years. The O'Donnell Scholarship is awarded only to students attending LVC and may not be used for any other institution.
To maintain the O'Donnell Scholarship, students must have a 3.0 GPA overall and continue to major in English.
Additional Expectations and Benefits of Selection as an O'Donnell Scholar include:
- Sustained participation in at least three of the following extracurricular activities: Greenblotter Literary Society, Wig and Buckle Theater Company, La Vie Collegienne, WLVC
- At Junior and Senior Level, involvement in:
- Planning and implementing O'Donnell Poets and Writers Series (possibly in collaboration with O'Donnell Writing Center and Writers' Showcase
- Editing Valley Humanities Review
For more information, contact the Admission Office at 1-866-LVC-4ADM (toll-free), or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.