Save the Dates!
2022 Commencement celebrations will take place May 12-14, 2022. Stay tuned for more information as Commencement approaches.
Graduation Announcements and Class Rings
Visit here to purchase graduation announcements or class rings.
Visit here to purchase honor cords.
What is the policy on ornamentation of regalia worn at Commencement?
The wearing of cords, sashes, and other ornamentation during the Commencement ceremony is reserved for the following:
- Honor cords or pins may be worn by academic honor society inductees. Cords and/or pins are awarded through the appropriate honor society. More information about the College's honor societies may be found in the College Catalog or by contacting the appropriate academic department.
- The Kente cloth celebrates the graduation of students who recognize their African roots. Lavender stoles honor the contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and ally students. Students receive the Kente cloth and lavender stoles as part of the Kente and Lavender Graduation Ceremony held prior to Commencement.
- Student government stoles may be worn by student government leaders and are provided by Student Affairs.
- Flag patches may be worn to recognize the countries in which students studied abroad during their time at LVC. They can be obtained through the Director of Global Education.
- Military cords may be worn by Veterans and Active Duty servicemembers and Reservists of the US Armed Forces. Cords are provided by the Financial Aid Office upon request.