Reporting an Emergency
Communication is a critical component in every emergency situation. It
is imperative that any individual who discovers or recognizes an emergency
communicates the required information to the proper department and/or
local authorities. Call 911 when in doubt about whom to call.
When reporting an emergency, an individual should provide the following
- State "This is an emergency."
- State your name.
- Provide location of emergency (building, room, etc.).
- State nature of emergency (fire, chemical spill, etc.).
- Indicate whether injuries have occurred.
- Indicate hazards present that may affect emergency personnel who respond.
- Provide phone number at or near the scene where the person reporting can be contacted.
A list of emergency and other important phone numbers can be found