A total power outage affecting the entire campus is referred to as a “blackout.”
- Remain calm and alert.
- Turn off all light switches.
- Set equipment switches to OFF.
- Increase ventilation by opening windows.
- If your area has an emergency generator that does not start, notify facilities services (ext. 6340) or public safety (ext. 6111).
- If directed to do so, evacuate the building using Building Evacuation Procedures on page 9.
- Follow directions of LVC public safety and/or residential life personnel.
Note: The following are not
considered critical incidents/emergencies: a small power outage affecting only a few buildings on campus or a brownout resulting in a reduction in voltage by the power utility company during periods of heavy power usage.