Libraries & Art Collection
Art & Visual Culture students have access to thousands of books and journals, as well as a collection of works of art from the Renaissance to the present.
Just steps away from the department is the Vernon and Doris Bishop Library
, which houses:
- Nearly 12,000 Art Books and Magazines
- Online Research and Image Databases including JSTOR and ARTstor
- Reference Guides and Research Assistance
- Thousands of DVDs and Audio CDs
- Individual and Group Study Rooms
Within the department are numerous art books and magazines for perusal and instruction, plus reference guides for graduate programs, internships, employment, and exhibition opportunities.
The department also contains a Study Gallery of rotating works from the Permanent Collection of the College (managed by the staff of the Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery), where students can examine actual works of art and undertake research projects working with a faculty advisor.