Federal Financial Aid Requirements

  • Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Be enrolled in an eligible degree-seeking program on a least a half-time basis
  • Have a valid social security number
  • Not be in default on a federal student loan
  • Be registered with Selective Service if required
  • Sign a statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid certifying that you will use federal student aid for educational purposes only
  • Be in compliance with the Drug Law Violations policies as established by the Higher Education Opportunities Act (HEOA section 488(g)). Per the Higher Education Opportunity Act, signed into law August 14, 2008, if you are convicted of any offense, during a period of enrollment for which you are receiving Title IV (federal) Higher Education Act (HEA) program funds, under any federal or state law involving the possession or sale of illegal drugs will result in the loss of eligibility for any Title IV (federal), HEA grant, loan, or work-study assistance. Questions regarding this notice may be directed to the Financial Aid Office. Below is a table describing the periods of ineligibility should a student be convicted:
The Possession of a Controlled Substance Ineligibility Period
First Offense 1 year
Second Offense 2 years
Third Offense Indefinitely
The Sale of a Controlled Substance Ineligibility Period
First Offense 2 years
Second Offense Indefinitely