Students are eligible for financial aid if they meet these requirements:
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking program at LVC. Conditionally accepted students are ineligible for federal student aid
- Enrolled in at least 6 credits in each semester if applying for undergraduate aid
- Enrolled in at least 4.5 credits in each semester if applying for graduate aid
- Have made satisfactory academic progress during previous terms in which they attended
- Are not in default on a previous educational loan
Once students determine if they qualify, the following steps must be completed to be considered for need-based financial aid:
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) listing Lebanon Valley College as one of your choices (LVC's federal school code for use on the FAFSA is 003288). File online at fafsa.gov or using the mobile app MyStudentAid. Undergraduate Pennsylvania residents filing the FAFSA prior to May 1 are automatically considered for the PA State Grant. Residents of other states should contact their state grant agency for procedures to determine eligibility.
- Students whose FAFSA forms are selected by the federal government or the institution to undergo an additional process called Verification will be asked to complete and return the Verification Worksheet and to provide the Financial Aid Office with additional documentation. No federal or institutional aid will be processed until verification is complete. If you have already received your financial aid offer and have been subsequently selected for Verification, federal or institutional aid will be rescinded if Verification is not completed.
- The Financial Aid Supplemental Form is required in addition to the FAFSA. The completed and signed form may be securely uploaded through the student portal (admitted incoming students) or AccessLVC (enrolled students). You may also send it regular mail. Students who will be taking classes beginning after May 1, 2019, should use the 2019-20 Supplemental Form.
- When you receive your financial aid offer, be sure to return the completed Borrowing Intentions Form (BIF) to the Financial Aid Office immediately in order to have your loans processed. No loans will be processed without a completed BIF. If you are a new/first time borrower, please follow the instructions for completing Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note for Federal Direct Loans at the federal Department of Education's webpage for education loans: Studentloans.gov.
Available Aid for Part-time Undergraduate Students
- Federal Pell Grant
- PA State Grant
- Federal Direct Loan (subsidized and unsubsidized)
- See Types of Financial Aid for additional information
Financial Aid Offers
Financial aid offers will be prepared for part-time undergraduate students on an estimated annual basis which includes the cost of tuition, room, meals, transportation, personal expenses and an allowance for books. Financial aid offers for graduate students will be prepared on an estimated annual basis which includes the cost of tuition and an allowance for books. If you need to borrow to cover living expenses, you may send an email to Breanne Zipko, email@example.com and make this request. An allowance for room, meals, transportation, and personal expenses will then be included in the cost of attendance. Offers will be reviewed at the beginning of each semester as your eligibility for aid is partially determined by your enrollment costs. Your aid offer may be revised for an upcoming term if your semester costs are inconsistent with the semester costs as estimated in the initial package.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 1-866-LVC-4ADM (toll-free) or 717-867-6126 for additional information.