Process for Graduate and Part-time Undergraduate Students to Apply for Financial Aid
Students are eligible for financial aid if they meet these requirements:
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking program at LVC. Conditionally accepted students are ineligible for federal student aid
- Enrolled in at least 6 credits in each semester if applying for undergraduate aid
- Enrolled in at least 4.5 credits in each semester if applying for graduate aid
- Have made satisfactory academic progress during previous terms in which they attended
- Are not in default on a previous educational loan
- The following graduate certificate programs are approved for federal student aid:
- Modern Band
- Integrated STEM Education
- Healthcare Management
- The following graduate certificate programs are pending approval for federal student aid. As of the fall 2020 semester, no federal student aid is available. Check back here for updates on the status. We anticipate approval beginning with the spring 2021 semester.
- Leadership & Ethics
- Online Teaching
Once students determine if they qualify, the following steps must be completed to be considered for federal and state grants and loans.
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) listing Lebanon Valley College (LVC's federal school code for use on the FAFSA is 003288). File online at fafsa.gov or using the mobile app MyStudentAid. Students who will be taking classes from May 2021 through the spring semester 2022, should file the 2021-22 form. Undergraduate Pennsylvania residents filing the FAFSA prior to May 1 are automatically considered for the PA State Grant. Residents of other states should contact their state grant agency for procedures to determine eligibility.
- Students whose FAFSA is selected by the federal government or the institution to undergo an additional review called Verification will be asked to complete and return the Verification Worksheet and to provide the Financial Aid Office with additional documentation. No federal aid will be processed until verification is complete. If you have already received your financial aid offer and have been subsequently selected for Verification, federal aid will be rescinded if Verification is not completed.
- The 2022-23 Financial Aid Supplemental Form (for coursework May 2022 - spring semester 2023) is required in addition to the 2022-23 FAFSA if you are a part-time undergraduate student or if you are a graduate student. YOU MUST PRINT AND SIGN THIS FORM. TYPED SIGNATURES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. DO NOT USE THE HIGHLIGHT TOOL TO MARK YOUR RESPONSES. The completed and signed form may be securely uploaded through the student portal (admitted incoming students) or AccessLVC -> MyInfo For Students (enrolled students). You may also send it by regular mail.
- After reviewing your financial aid offer in AccessLVC, you must accept/reduce/decline your federal student loan(s) in order to have your loans processed or canceled. If you are a first-time borrower, please follow the instructions for completing Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note for Federal Direct Loans at studentaid.gov.
- For detailed Graduate and Part-time Undergraduate costs, visit the Business Office's website.
Available Aid for Graduate Students
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan - prorated based on your costs, maximum $20,500 for two semesters
- Valley Forward Scholarship (specific Graduate degree programs are eligible)
Available Aid for Part-time Undergraduate Students
- Federal Pell Grant
- PA State Grant
- Federal Direct Loan (subsidized and unsubsidized)
- See Types of Financial Aid for additional information
Financial Aid Offers
Financial aid offers will be prepared for part-time undergraduate students on an estimated annual basis which includes the cost of tuition, room, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books and supplies, and loan fees. Financial aid offers for graduate students will be prepared on an estimated annual basis which includes the cost of tuition, books, and loan fees. Living expenses will also be added in if requested on the Financial Aid Supplemental Form. Offers will be reviewed at the beginning of each semester as your eligibility for aid is partially determined by your enrollment costs. Your aid offer may be revised for an upcoming term if your semester costs are inconsistent with the semester costs as estimated in the initial aid offer.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 1-866-LVC-4ADM (toll-free), 717-867-6126, or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.