Student Visas

A valid F-1 or J-1 visa must be secured in order to enter the United States as a full-time student at Lebanon Valley College. If you are a full-time student, you will apply for an F-1 visa, unless instructed otherwise. The College does not currently issue DS-2019 documents for J-1 students/faculty. Any students (some exchange programs) or professionals wanting to study, research, or teach at LVC must receive their J-1 visa through a sponsoring agency.

The visa process can take a few weeks to a few months depending on the consulate in country. Interviews are often required so please start the process early.

Step 1: Secure Form I-20

Once all of your application materials have been received by LVC, the LVC admission team will issue a decision. If accepted, a deposit of $500 must be paid before LVC can issue a Form I-20. The I-20 is vital in order to apply for your visa. Please visit this site for information to get started.

Step 2: Complete the Visa Application

Complete the visa application online at the U.S. Department of State's website. First, select your location, then click "Start an Application." You will be required to upload a photo. You can complete the application in stages so make sure to save all inputted information.

Step 3: Pay the SEVIS Fee (I-901 fee)

Fill out the form and pay the necessary fee with a credit card on the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) website. You will need to print out a receipt of proof of payment for your interview with a consular officer. Make sure to make a copy of your receipt as you will hand this in with other documents at the time of the interview.

Step 4: Schedule an Interview

Locate the nearest US consulate in your country/region. Schedule an appointment for applying for an F-1 visa.