The Accelerated Alumni Admission process is simple and free of charge to current LVC seniors and alumni.
While prior teaching experience is not a requirement for entrance into this degree program, individuals considering the pursuit of a master's degree in education should plan on teaching one to three years prior to initial enrollment or before completing the degree. It is the conviction of this faculty that graduate study will be more meaningful to the individual if he or she has first gained experience in the field.
- All candidates must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university and submit an official transcript with the application.
- Any graduate courses to be considered for transfer (up to nine credits, a maximum of 6 credits in the core), also require an official transcript sent by the respective colleges or universities to the Director of Master of Education.
- An applicant must have achieved a 3.00 quality point average (GPA) on a four-point scale for the baccalaureate degree. An applicant with less than the 3.00 GPA may be admitted with provisional status pending satisfactory completion of six semester hours of graduate study with a 3.00 or above.
- All candidates must submit a current resume and a personal written statement (one page) indicating why they wish to pursue this degree with the application form.
- Secure, electronic delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org is also available.
Application materials can be submitted to email@example.com or:
Lebanon Valley College
101 North College Avenue
Annville, PA 17003
A maximum of 9 credits (a maximum of 6 core credits) may be transferred from another graduate program with the approval of the program director and the registrar. No transfer credit shall be accepted if the grade earned at another institution was less than B. Students wishing to transfer credits may be asked to submit course outline, the textbook used, and any reading materials, so proper credit may be given.
Alumni, community members, and friends of LVC are eligible for the $1,000 Valley Forward scholarship if they qualify for admission to LVC's MBA, master of clinical mental health counseling, master of music education, or master of STEM education programs. Additional merit scholarships for graduate studies are available.