Psychology Department Mission
The Psychology Department at Lebanon Valley College provides students with active learning experiences (in classroom and co-curricular environments) that facilitate skill development – relative to information literacy, knowledge integration, critical analysis, and oral/written communication – that they can utilize throughout their lives. Students also acquire an understanding of behavior on psychological and neurological levels that can be applied to real-world personal/professional contexts and facilitate entry into the workforce and/or pursuit of advanced academic degrees following graduation from the College.
Psychology Department Goals and Objectives
- Students will demonstrate effective reading comprehension skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective information literacy skills.
- Students will articulate the relationship between theory and data.
- Students will synthesize information from different sources when developing conclusions.
- Students will analyze and interpret data appropriately.
- Students will render data-based judgments regarding methods, theories, and/or evidence.
- Students will use scientific principles to solve problems.
- Students will be prepared to create an appropriate application for post-graduate placement aligned with personal interests.
- Students will communicate effectively in written form.
- Students will communicate effectively in oral form.
For more information on learning goals and outcomes, contact email@example.com.