We believe this dual enrollment program with the University of London will better prepare you for U.S. law school
About the University of London Law Program
The University of London has designated Lebanon Valley College as a Recognized Teaching Center for Undergraduate Law Programs, making LVC the first accredited college in the U.S. to receive this distinction.
Through this new, accelerated three-year program, successful students may earn a bachelor of arts degree in politics from LVC and a University of London Certificate in Higher Education in the Common Law. The program begins in fall 2019. Because this dual program can be completed in just three years, it should offer students substantial tuition, room, and board savings. (As of January 2019 rates, the University of London Certificate Program cost approximately $2,500 in total in addition to LVC tuition).
Students interested in the three-year accelerated degree must first be admitted to LVC as a regular four-year student. In their first semester, they may be approved to register for the London program and should endeavor to complete the required modules and pass related exams within three years. LVC faculty will work with students to prepare them for the four University of London law modules using a hybrid mode of study. This hybrid approach includes coursework at Lebanon Valley College, substantial distance learning with the University of London study materials, and London-administered final exams. Up to 24 credits for successful completion of the Certificate in Higher Education in the Common Law may then be transferred to the student's LVC degree.
The program is ideal for high-achieving U.S. and international pre-law students. The Certificate in Common Law will offer U.S. students a preparatory experience equivalent to the first year of a U.K. undergraduate law degree. We believe graduates of the program should be better prepared for the rigors of law school in the U.S. Those who complete the Certificate may also have the option to complete a full LL.B (Bachelor of Law) from the University of London.
Why LVC’s the Dual University of London Program?
- Earn a bachelor of arts degree from Lebanon Valley College, a nationally recognized U.S. university, and a certificate in common law from the University of London, a distinguished international university.
- Program is ideal for high-achieving U.S. and international pre-law students.
- The Certificate of Higher Education in the Common Law offers U.S. students a preparatory experience equivalent to the first year of a U.K. undergraduate law degree.
- We believe our graduates will be better prepared for the rigors of a U.S. law school and will have the option to complete the full LL.B from the University of London Prepare for the LSAT and law school with guidance from our pre-law advisor.
- Our faculty pre-law advisor will guide you as you prepare for the LSAT and law school application process.
About the University of London
The University of London is a world-renowned provider of legal education. For more than 150 years the LL.B has provided the first step on a career route for many thousands of practicing lawyers around the world. Academic direction for the Undergraduate Laws Program is provided by a consortium of outstanding University of London Law Schools: Birkbeck, King’s College London, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), Queen Mary University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), and University College London (UCL).