Through Becca Whalen's ’18 excellent academic preparation, she was more than ready for her experience with PA legislature.
About Politics at LVC
At LVC, you can focus on political systems of the U.S., international politics, and government institutions while getting hands-on experience through internships and research with faculty.
Participate in a European Union simulation in Washington, D.C., intern with legislators in the state capital, and prepare for the LSAT and law school with guidance from our faculty pre-law advisor. Our graduates have found jobs with government agencies, international organizations, and policy-related groups—one even became Pennsylvania’s 46th Governor, the Hon. Thomas W. Corbett, Esq. '71.
Many have gone on to some of the nation’s finest graduate programs and law schools, including William & Mary, University of Pittsburgh, and St. John’s University.
Why Politics at LVC?
- Work side-by-side with faculty on research projects
- Pursue internships, including the prestigious Pennsylvania Legislative Fellowship
- Present papers at academic conferences and for departmental honors
- Prepare for the LSAT and law school with guidance from our pre-law advisor
- Go to Washington, D.C., every November for a European Union Simulation
LVC provided me with multiple opportunities, including an internship and studying abroad in Maastricht, that challenged my abilities and helped me grow into a well-rounded individual.