* This program will not run in 2020 *
Barcelona is known for its intricate and unconventional architecture, such as the largest cathedral in Europe, La Sagrada Familia, designed by artist Antoni Gaudi. In addition to the stylistic architecture, Barcelona has vibrant shops, discos, restaurants and more. This Mediterranean city boasts famous Spanish cuisine whether its tapas, paella, or crema catalana. The sun and the beaches as well as the World class soccer team makes Barcelona one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Spain.
- Open to any major.
- Earn four credits.
- The course will fulfill the Intercultural Competence (IC) requirement and the Immersive requirement with participation in the program.
- Students will be housed in double rooms with a shared bathroom.
- Breakfast at the accommodation site is included in the program costs.
- Planned excursions to notable locations in Spain.
The summer program in Barcelona will offer you the opportunity to learn more about different facets of famous Spanish artists. The course will focus on the art and historical aspects of Barcelona. Students will earn four credits, fulfilling the Intercultural Competence and the Immerse general education requirements.
ART380: Color and Culture in Barcelona (4 credits)
The course will immerse students in the art and culture of Barcelona, Spain. Topics will include the architectural evolution of the city from its ancient origins to the present, the development of the Modern Art movement in the work of artists such as Picasso and Dali, and the aesthetic of Barcelona as a global center of cultural tourism.
The PROGRAM COST OF $4350 includes:
- Tuition (4 credits)
- Sponsored excursions
- Transportation to and from Barcelona airport
Airfare, book, and personal expenses are not included in the program cost. Airfare estimated at $1100 roundtrip.
- Application deadline: February 1
- A $200 non-refundable program deposit is due by February 1.
- Remaining balance is due by March 15.
- Program date: May 12 - June 3
No federal, state, or institutional aid is available for this program. If you plan to borrow an alternative/private student loan for this summer study abroad program, please contact LVC’s Financial Aid Office.
- Parc Guell
- La Sagrada Familia
- Casa Mila
- Palau Guell
- National Museum of Cataluna
- Day trip to Museo Dali & Snt Pere de Rodes