Students are accepted into a study away program based on the following criteria:
- Students have provided signature of approval on the application form from academic advisor(s) for study away program participation
- Students have met the stated minimum GPA requirement for the study away program (varies by program location)
- Students are considered to be in good social and financial standing at LVC
In most cases, LVC grants acceptance into sponsored study away programs on behalf of the host institution. However, there are a few partnerships in which a student must apply directly to the host institution for acceptance. In these circumstances, the Center for Global Education will assist the student with the application process and advocate for acceptance by the host institution.
- Fall programs application deadline: March 15
- Spring programs application deadline: October 1*
- *Spring semester Berlin program deadline: October 1
- **Spring semester Italy program deadline: August 1
*Summer 2022 application deadline extended to Feb. 15
Study Abroad Deposits
- A $25 deposit is due at submission of application.
- Accepted students owe a $475 deposit by March 15 for fall or October 15 for spring.
- Submit cash/check payments directly to the Business Office with attached deposit sheet; Credit card/e-check payments must be made through the e-payment link on the Business Office website, www.lvc.edu/epayments, select ‘Study Abroad Deposit’ from the drop-down.