Invited guests, including LVC alumni, will share their experience and knowledge through demonstrations and workshops.
Fine-tune your career prospects in the music industry.
With an LVC music business degree, you'll be ready to enter a highly competitive industry with confidence that your courses in music, business, and audio music production will get you a great job. Understand making and marketing music from concept to market by studying topics such as publishing, management, marketing, accounting, economics, record labels, touring, and intellectual property. You'll also need to show proficiency in piano and voice through a series of courses to make sure you know your stuff.
Distinctive opportunity alert! You can be part of the student-run VALE Music Group that includes VALE Records, VALE Conference, VALE Live, and VALE Publishing. Get experience with booking live events, promoting the music catalog, and finding artists to record and market. Build a strong portfolio of work to show potential employers.
Why Music Business at LVC?
- Music industry professionals know LVC's program produces graduates who have what it takes to succeed.
- Musicians and music marketers learn side-by-side and share their skills with each other.
- You'll have an internship after your junior year. Students have interned nationwide for large-corporate and small-cottage music businesses, including the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra, Big Machine Label Group, EMI, The Syndicate Entertainment Marketing Agency, and more. Read weekly reports from previous interns.
- You can add a second major in a discipline such as digital communications to broaden your skill set and marketability.
- It's all about hands-on experience through a combination of VALE Music Group activities, music performance, studio recording, principles of successful businesses, and at least one internship.
It was the combination of expert guidance from the professors in the music program, the critical thinking skills I gained from a liberal arts education, and the freedom to learn the recording studio on my own time that laid the foundation for me to make a living in the music industry.
Duo Terlano, the award-winning teaching and performing team of Johannes Dietrich, violin, and Marie-Aline Cadieux, cello, has established a reputation for dynamic and exciting performances and educational…
Join us for an hour of jazz music by LVC faculty and students. This performance is free and open to the public.