Lebanon Valley College offers several learning communities to create friendships and support success for our students. Themes are based around Civic Engagement, Entrepreneurship, and Exercise Science. Each community has limited spaces available, so we encourage you to express your interest and respond as soon as possible to invitations to begin to secure a spot.
LLCs create community by enabling students to take a common course while also living together and enjoying social and academic programming relating to the community theme. Students in any LLC can expect to:
- develop friendships based on common interests
- enjoy unique social and academic programming
- have their academic success supported both in and out of the classroom
Note that entrance into these programs provides exciting opportunities, but also entails a commitment. You will live in the residence hall designated for LLC students for your first year, room with another LLC student, and enroll in the courses linked to your LLC. The Exercise Science LLC is by invitation only while the other two communities are open to students in any major.
Entrepreneurship Learning Community
Available to all incoming students.
Have you ever dreamed of running your own business? Being your own boss? If planning for your LVC journey includes these goals, then consider adding the Entrepreneurship community in your LVC application.
You’ll be connected with other students and faculty who share a similar interest and gain access to resources putting you on a path to success.
Just check “Entrepreneurship” on your LVC Application, so we can include you in upcoming communications.
- faculty mentorship
- coaching by successful area business leaders
- opportunities as a group to experience the dynamic energy of growing your own business
Civic Engagement Learning Community
Available to all incoming students.
Want to serve your community? Want to change the world for the better? You are not alone. We want to connect you with other students and faculty who share your commitment and feel the same way. Make your first-year transition to college count both inside and outside the classroom, and both on campus and beyond.
Just check “Civic Engagement” on your LVC Application so we can include you in upcoming communications.
As part of this community, students will:
- Live with peers who are committed to service and care about making a positive difference in the world just like you.
- Enroll in a First-Year Experience course and immersive learning experience in which you will receive professional and personalized training in how to become an effective change agent in society. Both of these experiences fulfill requirements with the Constellation LVC curriculum (the College’s unique general education program).
- Meet with faculty mentors and student and community leaders.
- Engage in open discussions about social and cultural issues of concern
- Work on a community or campus project of your own choosing. This is your opportunity to start off college being the person making a difference in the world that you want to be.
Shared courses include FYE 111 Liberty and Justice for All I (Fall semester) and FYE 112 Liberty and Justice for All II and JSTC 180 Organizing for Social Justice (Spring Semester).
Exercise Science Learning Community
Available to select exercise science majors by invitation only.
Are you planning a career in exercise science? Are you passionate about helping clients to improve their overall well-being, through scientifically-based interventions?
Students in the exercise science program will receive full immersion into their first year of college, including academic support that will help them thrive in challenging coursework. LLC students will also establish a network of friends and future colleagues focused on similar professional goals.
Students in this LLC will:
- Attend regular academic mentorship meetings with faculty
- Participate in residence hall study pods organized to support success in your classes
- Engage in fun social activities to form a community of support and friendship.
Courses linked to this LLC include a designated First-Year Experience section.
Students who have not yet applied to LVC can indicate an interest in Civic Engagement or Entrepreneurship on their LVC application for admission. Exercise science applicants who meet specific criteria will receive an invitation to the community via email after their acceptance to the College.
Questions about the opportunities associated with each community can be directed to Dr. Jeff Robbins (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Civic Engagement, Dr. Treva Clark (EntLLC@lvc.edu) for Entrepreneurship, and Dr. Diego Ferreira (email@example.com) for Exercise Science.