Integrative STEM Education Certificate:
The Integrative STEM Education Certificate is a post-baccalaureate program that examines best practices for integrating STEM concepts and competencies across all disciplines with the ability to apply STEM principles in both academic and real-world contexts.
Program Format and Course Requirements:
To meet the needs of full-time educators, cohorts are offered in a hybrid format or fully online. Courses may be applied toward the Master of Science in STEM Education program.
- August Cohort: students will take courses online in Fall and Spring (4 consecutive 8-week terms)
- October Cohorts: students have the option of enrolling in a cohort that meets at either our main campus location in Annville, or at Dixon University Center in Harrisburg. Course work is offered in a hybrid format in Fall and Spring (3 consecutive 8-week terms); the practicum is completed simultaneously with coursework.
- March Cohort: students will take courses online in Spring, Summer, and Fall (4 consecutive 8-week terms)
PDE Integrative STEM Endorsement Eligibility:
Upon completion of MSE 880, 881, 882, and 883, candidates enrolled in an Instructional I certification program or holding an Instructional I or II certificate are eligible to apply for the PDE Integrative STEM Endorsement. Lebanon Valley College’s certification officer will recommend candidates for the endorsement. The candidate will need to complete the required PDE application for endorsement and pay the appropriate fee to have it added to their certificate.
Eligibility Information and Application:
- Complete an online application
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree that will lead to a teaching certificate.
- If bachelor’s degree has been earned, a copy of a current teaching certificate is required.
- If currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, official transcripts from each of the colleges and universities you have attended are required.
Note: exceptions are made for 1) educators who serve in a teaching capacity where it is not required to have a teaching certificate (example: some charter or private schools) or 2) individuals with an inactive teaching certificate who need graduate credits to reactivate.
For more information on the College’s Integrative STEM Education Certificate program and how to receive 3 free credits, please contact the Graduate STEM Education program at email@example.com.