MSCHE Self-Study Timeline
Updated January 29, 2021
Please visit this page to receive updates regarding campus meetings, forums, and other events related to our Middle States Commission on Higher Education Accreditation process.
- LVC team attended the virtual MSCHE Self Study Institute (Wendy Albert, Monica Cowart, Laura Eldred, Tom Hanrahan, Marc Harris, Jen Liedtka, Amy Lintz, James MacLaren, Jill Russell, and Susan Tammaro)
- Call for volunteers, Steering Committee and Working Groups formed
Spring 2021 Goals and Objectives: Working Groups meet weekly/bi-weekly to developing their Working Group Charge, start collecting evidence, monthly Steering Committee meetings, monthly updates during faculty business meetings, regular update to Board of Trustees, and launch website and campus communications, begin receiving community feedback and comments.
Meetings and Events
January 28, 2021—MSCHE Self-Study Orientation Meeting (Steering Committee and Working Groups)
February 12, 2021—Board of Trustees Meeting (Steering Committee Report)
February 23, 2021—MSCHE Self-Study Steering Committee Meeting (3:30-4:30 p.m.)
March 9, 2021—MSCHE Self-Study Preparation Visit (virtual): The purpose of the visit is for:
- For MSCHE to learn more about the current status of the institution;
- To discuss the institutional priorities identified by LVC and the most appropriate means of addressing them through the self-study process;
- Tp acquaint LVC with the Commission’s expectations and available resources;
- To discuss and offer feedback on LVC’s draft Self-Study Design; and
- For otherwise assist with LVC’s preparations for self-study and peer review.
March 18, 2021—Faculty Business Meeting (11 a.m.; Steering Committee Report)
March 22, 2021—MSCH Self-Study Steering Committee Meeting (4–5 p.m.)
April 26, 2021—MSCH Self-Study Steering Committee Meeting (4–5 p.m.)
April 29, 2021—Faculty Business Meeting (11 a.m.; Steering Committee Report)
May 7–8, 2021—Board of Trustees Meeting (Steering Committee Report)
May 24, 2021—MSCH Self-Study Steering Committee Meeting (4–5 p.m.)
Summer 2021 Goals and Objectives
Committees review evidence and define additional information needed to complete study.
Fall 2021 Goals and Objectives
Committees review final evidence, Steering Committee and Working Groups continue to meet at least monthly, Steering Committee updates faculty during each business meeting and Board of Trustees during their scheduled meetings, and internal and external communications continue. Schedules to come.
Spring 2022 Goals and Objectives
Working Groups submit first draft of their respective reports on first day of the term (TBD), as well as all Evidence Inventory submissions needed to support the Working Group documentation are due on the first day of the term (TBD), all Working Group documents are combined into a single document (Self-Study First Draft), Steering Group and Working Groups review First Draft, Steering Group and Working Groups develop the Second Draft, and the Second Draft is reviewed by the community.
Summer 2022 Goals and Objectives
The Third Draft of the Self-Study is written.
Fall 2022 Goals and Objectives
The Third Draft of the Self-Study is posted for community to review and submit comments, and the Self-Study document is finalized and submitted to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
The LVC community hosts the visiting Middle States Accreditation Review Team.