A Gift in Honor of Someone Important to Me or in Memory of a Loved One
A gift to the Valley honoring or memorializing an alumnus or friend is a thoughtful and meaningful way to express your good wishes or sympathy. Annually, the College lists these gifts in a special "Honorary and Memorial Gifts" section of our Honor Roll of Donors, unless you prefer your contribution to remain anonymous.
To make a commemorative gift, with your check payable to Lebanon Valley College, please include the following information:
- The name of the honoree and reason for the gift (celebrating a holiday, family event, special occasion, or a celebration of life, etc.)
- Your name, address, and phone number
- The name and address to send notification of your gift if you wish others to be informed.
The College often receives gifts that are creative and support areas that are special to the honoree. Some examples include:
- Gifts to The Valley Fund -- these gifts are the most popular way for donors to honor or memorialize a loved one.
- An Academic Department -- a gift can be made to celebrate an alumnus'/alumna's former major or contribution to a field of study.
- Campus Arboretum -- Donors can honor or memorialize their loved ones by planting a tree in the campus arboretum. Trees can be chosen by the donor or by the coordinator of the arboretum at LVC. The minimum gift to plant a tree on campus is $1,500. This covers the cost of the plant, a bronze tribute plaque, as well as continued care and maintenance of the tree.
- Benches -- Benches placed throughout campus provide a high profile naming opportunity. Donors can choose from several campus locations to pay tribute to a loved one. A gift of $5,000 establishes a bench naming opportunity.
- Endowed Funds and Scholarships -- A gift to the endowment to commemorate a family member or friends will last for perpetuity.