The Underground Policies and Guidelines
Saturday Night Dance - Midnight to 2 a.m.
The Underground Dance Club was established to provide a fun, safe, substance-free place for LVC students to go to on select Saturday nights. Students in attendance will be expected to show respect for others and be mindful of simple dancing etiquette. Remember that communication is essential if you are interested in dancing with someone – ask them. Permission/consent is always required before there is any contact with another person. If you see someone that is intoxicated – think of their well-being and contact a UG staff member, residential life or public safety. There will be no additional admittance to the UG Dance Club after 1:30 a.m.
Please read and understand the following underground policies for LVC students and their registered guests:
1. Admittance is free for LVC students with their ID and $3 for registered guests and LVC students without their ID.
2. All LVC students must present their LVC ID at the Underground entrance and sign-in on the sign-in sheet located at the entrance.
3. All students must leave their coats, jackets, purses and backpacks in the hallway prior to entering the Underground. The UG staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Therefore, we suggest leaving valuables in your room.
4. Shoes must be worn in the Underground at all times.
5. No cups and/or containers can be brought into the Underground.
6. Smoking is prohibited in the College Center (and is therefore prohibited in the Underground).
7. Any individual who is visibly intoxicated and/or disruptive will be prohibited from entering the Underground.
8. Lewd and inappropriate behavior/sexual misconduct will not be tolerated and students behaving in such a manner will be banned from the Underground Dances.
9. Once you leave the Lower Level of the College Center you must get in line to re-enter the UG.
LVC students will be held responsible for their guest(s) behavior.
1. LVC students must register their guests and pay the $3 fee prior to entering the Underground dance Saturday night. The guest and the LVC student must be present when doing this.
2. All guests must have a photo ID showing they are at least 18 years of age or a valid college ID.
3. Each LVC student may sign-in a maximum of two guests.
4. The guest and the LVC student may retrieve their IDs from the desk when leaving the College Center. LVC students may not leave without his/her guest.
Thank you for your assistance in making the Underground a safe environment!