Illegal/Prohibited Equipment is as Listed but Not Limited to the Following:
- Metal or detachable spiked cleats.
- Shorts, pants, or jerseys with any pockets, belts, belt loops, exposed drawstrings, or zippers.
- Jewelry: Includes earrings, rings, watches, bracelets, and necklaces.
- Any exposed body/facial jewelry must be taken out.
- Any item containing exposed knots: Includes bandannas, do-rags, and stocking caps.
- Hard and unyielding leg and knee brace material.
- There are 2 teams of 10 players on the field. 8 players are required to start the game to avoid a forfeit.
- There must be an equal number of women and men!
- The tenth player may be positioned anywhere on the field.
- Odd/Even rule will be in effect:
- An imaginary line is drawn from home plate through center field.
- If a woman plays third a man has to play shortstop and vice versa.
- If a man plays shortstop a man may play second, same applies for women.
- The games will be seven (7) innings, or for one hour, whichever comes first.
- Ties will stand.
- The times and place of the games will be announced once all of the rosters are turned in and the schedule is completed.
- Failure of a team to report within 10 minutes of the starting time of the game will result in an immediate forfeit.
- If your team is unable to make it to the game and you would like to reschedule the game, that is fine; however, it is the responsibility of the team captain to contact the captain of the opposing team as well as the intramural coordinators previous to the start of the game. It is also your responsibility to find a mutual time to play the make-up game.
- The home team will be required to pick up the equipment at the Arnold Sports Center and will also be obligated to return the equipment as well.
- The players that field during that inning will be the only ones that will bat. There will be no batting around.
- All slow pitch rules apply: i.e. no stealing, no bunts, and overthrow is allowed one base.
- Any fighting will result in a forfeit for the team for the season and will be required to meet with the overall director of Intramural sports, Rick Beard.
**Your intramural coordinators will provide you with their phone numbers and email addresses when you turn in your rosters. Any further questions, please direct them to Rick Beard at x6363.