The goal of the Mosaic Mentor Program is to provide direct and dedicated peer support to incoming and transfer ALANA, Multicultural Fellowship, LVEP, international, and LGBTQ+ identifying students. The mentor program assists students with their academic, social, and personal transition during their first year at LVC.
Mosaic Mentors are Responsible for:
- Providing academic, social, cultural, and personal support to incoming Fellowship, LVEP, Milton Hershey, international, and LGBTQ+ identifying students.
- Assisting first-year Fellowship students in understanding and completing requirements associated with the Multicultural Fellowship Program.
- Serving as positive role models for incoming Fellowship, LVEP, Milton Hershey, international, and LGBTQ+ identifying students.
Benefits to Participation:
- Develop strong leadership skills
- Résumé-building opportunity
- Excused from completing 2016-2017 Fellowship Requirements if part of the Multicultural Fellowship program
Mosaic Mentor Expectations:
- Participate in Mosaic Mentor REQUIRED training
- Attend the fellowship reception and opening social during New Student Orientation
- Attend regularly scheduled mentor meetings with supervisor
- Participate/attend Intercultural Fellowship programs and events
- Become acquainted with mentees by holding at least three mentee group meetings (one per month) during the Fall semester and two mentee group meetings during the Spring semester
- Establish contact with mentees one–three times per month (email, phone, or one-on-one)
- Serve as a positive role model
- Maintain open lines of communication with mentees
- Minimum 2.0 semester GPA for rising sophomores and 2.25 semester GPA for rising juniors and seniors (must be met by end of spring semester)
- Completed Online Application
- A completed reference form (LVC faculty or staff member) - (ONLY first-year students can use a non-LVC reference (i.e. high school coach, teacher, guidance counselor, youth pastor)
- Personal interview (treat as a professional interview) with Intercultural Affairs staff and current intercultural mentors
- Good disciplinary standing
- Must be reliable, flexible, good communicator, and responsible