The Lebanon Valley College Center for Career Development welcomes the opportunity to work with employers seeking to publicize employment and/or internship opportunities and employers interested in conducting employment related recruitment activities on our campus.
We ask that you be aware of the Policies and Agreements Concerning Employers that govern our operation and profession, and conduct your recruiting activities accordingly.
We encourage you to build an on-campus presence and connect with qualified students and graduates by participating in some of the following recruitment opportunities:
- Meet with Our Staff: We are glad to meet with you individually to learn more about your company and recruitment needs.
- Participate in Job Fairs and On-Campus Interviewing: We invite you to attend our annual consortium career fairs and on-campus industry days. We also invite you to schedule an on-campus interview visit to meet individually with qualified applicants.
- Network with Our Students: We offer you the opportunity to meet with our students in a less formal venue, set up an information/recruiting table, offer an information session, or to be a participant in our career programming efforts that connect employers and students.
- Access Handshake (JobCenter will be phased out by June 30 - please see note below): Our online system enables you to post unlimited opportunities, receive email communications from our office, schedule interviews, and register for career fairs and events.
Do you have a job or internship to post? Would you like to schedule an on-campus interview visit? If so, let us introduce you to Handshake. We are confident this service will benefit you as an employer.
As of July 1, 2016, Handshake replaced our previous system, JobCenter, and offers your team many great new features like:
- Managing all your campuses with Handshake at no cost.
- A mobile experience - update your job postings, view applicants, and more all while on the go using Handshake's responsive design.
- Searching for students and reach out directly with in-app messaging.
To Create Your Own Handshake Account:
Click on the "Employer" area at lvc.joinhandshake.com/register. You will be asked to pick your company from a list or create a new company. Any company whose email domain matches yours will be suggested. For example, if your email is "firstname.lastname@example.org", all companies using "handshake.com" will be suggested.
These are the options depending on your situation:
- Claim Company: If you are the first user from your company to sign up for Handshake, and your company was pre-created by Career Development, then you can claim your company. We will then be notified of your request and verify your account, allowing you to take most actions in the system.
- Join Company: If your company already exists and you are not the first user, select your company from the list of suggestions. One of the other Handshake users at that company or Career Development will need to verify you before you can access most site features. Notifications of your request to join will be sent to ensure that it is handled in a timely manner.
- Create Company: If your company doesn't exist, you can create a new company. It will start out with the same name as your email domain. For example, if you signed up under "email@example.com", the company would be named "email.com". Click on the company name, then click "Edit" in the upper-right corner to update your company name and details.
Thank you for your support and interest in Lebanon Valley College students and graduates.