Career Resources for LVC Alumni
What We Do
The Center for Career Development engages students and alumni to become active participants in developing and implementing their career plans. As alumni, our goal is to assist you in moving your career forward. We understand that career aspirations and paths can change, and whether you are searching for your first professional position, navigating a career transition, relocating or considering other possible next steps, we are here to help.
Services We Offer Alumni
- Resume & Letter Review
- Individualized Career Counseling
- Handshake: Job & Internship Listings
- Graduate School Guidance
- Effective Job Search and Networking Strategies
- Interview Preparation & Mock Interviewing
The Center for Career Development is excited to announce our partnership with Handshake, the ultimate career network for students and alumni. Handshake offers many exciting features, including:
- Personalized job recommendations based on your major and interests
- An easy way to register for and attend career fairs
- Scheduling appointments with career counselors
Alumni in class years 2012-present were transitioned into the new system automatically. For alumni who graduated in 2011 and earlier, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you in preparing an account on Handshake. You can also visit Join Handshake to register for a new account on your own.
Feel free to take advantage of our career fairs, workshops, programs, and events.
What We Can't Do
Note: We cannot provide extensive one-on-one counseling for experienced professionals. We also are unable to "place" individuals into positions.