Part-Time Student Refunds
Standard Term Part-Time Students - Refunds
Full tuition is refunded if withdrawal notification is received before the second day of class. Full tuition is refundable if the course is cancelled by the College. See the current refund table as posted on the Business Office page for specific dates for partial refunds. Students receiving federal financial assistance (Title IV) and who are enrolled in traditional term courses will receive a refund according to federal policy.
Non-Standard Term Part-Time Students Refunds
Students enrolled in one or more non-term courses (modules) and courses that do not span the entire semester also follow federal policy with the following clarifications:
- If a student fails to complete all modules scheduled for a semester, the student is considered a withdrawal at the time the student ceases attendance.
- If a student withdraws from a module but indicates in writing to the College that he or she will attend a later module during the same semester, the student is not considered a withdrawal. If the student fails to attend the later module, the date of withdrawal reverts to the original withdrawal from the prior module. The later module will be included in the period of enrollment.
- Without written confirmation of the student’s intent to attend a later module in the same semester, a student who withdraws from a module or has ceased attendance is considered a withdrawal.
- If a student begins but fails to complete the final module(s) in a semester, the student is considered to have withdrawn.
- If a student receives a failing grade for the final module (s) in a semester, the College must determine if the student ceased attending and is therefore considered a withdrawal.
- The Return of Title IV Funds calculation process will begin as soon as possible after it is determined that a student has withdrawn or ceased attendance. The institution must return the amount of Title IV funds for which it is responsible no later than 45 days after determining the date of the student’s withdrawal. If the student returns for a later module in the payment period, the Return of Title IV Funds will be reversed.
Current Refund Table
Evening & Summer Classes Only
|Classroom-based Course Refund Schedule||15, 12 & 10 Week Courses; 6 Week Courses Meeting Twice Per Week||2 & 8 Week Courses and Courses That Meet Alternate Saturdays||1 Week Courses|
|After the 1st class, but before the 2nd class||100% Refund||100% Refund||100% Refund|
|Before the 3rd class||75% Refund||50% Refund||No Refund|
|Before the 4th class||50% Refund||30% Refund|
|Before the 5th class||30% Refund||No Refund|
|After the 5th class||No Refund|
|Online Course Refund Schedule||15, 12 & 10 Week Courses||6 & 8 Week Courses|
|Before 1st Saturday||100% Refund||100% Refund|
|Before 2nd Saturday||75% Refund||50% Refund|
|Before 3rd Saturday||50% Refund||30% Refund|
|Before 4th Saturday||30% Refund||No Refund|
|After 4th Saturday||No Refund|
Fall & Spring Day Classes Only:
Before the start of the 2nd week of classes
|Before the start of the 3rd week of classes||75% Refund|
|Before the start of the 4th week of classes||50% Refund|
|Before the start of the 5th week of classes||30% Refund|
|After the start of the 5th week of class||No Refund|