Reporting an Emergency
Communication is a critical component in every emergency situation. It is imperative that any individual who discovers or recognizes an emergency communicates the required information to the proper department and/or local authorities. Call 911 when in doubt about whom to call.
When reporting an emergency, an individual should provide the following information:
- State "This is an emergency."
- State your name.
- Provide location of emergency (building, room, etc.).
- State nature of emergency (fire, chemical spill, etc.).
- Indicate whether injuries have occurred.
- Indicate hazards present that may affect emergency personnel who respond.
- Provide phone number at or near the scene where the person reporting can be contacted.
A list of emergency and other important phone numbers can be found here.
|Emergency Medical Services||911|
|LVC Office of Public Safety||Ext. 6111 or 717-867-6111|
Other Important Number
|American Red Cross, Lebanon Office||717-273-2671|
|Good Samaritan Hospital, General||717-270-7500|
|Hershey Medical Center, General||717-531-8521 or 717-531-0000|
|Lebanon County Emergency Management||717-272-7621|
|LVC Advanced Care/Pinnacle||717-867-4671|
|LVC Counseling Services||Ext. 6696 or 717-867-6696|
|LVC Shroyer Health Center||Ext. 6232 or 717-867-6232|
|LVC Facilities Department||Ext. 6340 or 717-867-6340|
|Life Lion Aero Medical, Dispatch||717-531-7777|
|National Response Center for Env. Protection||1-800-424-8802|
|National Weather Service||1-814-231-2408|
|PA Department of Environmental Protection||1-866-825-0208|
|Pennsylvania State Police, Jonestown Barracks||717-865-2194|
|Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency||911|