Sports Center Policies and Procedures
General Facility & Membership Policies
- It is expected that participants respect other users and their space and LVC equipment at all times.
- Improper behavior may result in removal from the facility without refund.
- To help us assure that everyone is a member, please swipe your ID card each visit at one of the main entrances.
- If you lose your ID card, we can replace it for an $8 fee.
- For youth under the age of 16, we ask that an adult accompany the youth while using the facility.
- For supervision, safety, and liability reasons, please accompany all children under 8 years of age into the locker room.
- Please wear non-scuffing athletic shoes on the indoor athletic courts. Street shoes may not be worn in these areas; no bare feet allowed.
- We ask that all participants wear appropriate clothing in the facility. A shirt is required at all times.
- Please do not drop or slam equipment.
- We encourage all participants playing racquetball to wear eye goggles. Goggles are available to borrow at the front desk.
- Please do not use black balls on the courts, as they mark the floor.
- Headphones and MP3 players may be used; Radios are prohibited.
- We encourage you to lock your locker when using the locker room facility.
- Members may bring one guest per visit for a $5 guest fee.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Users assume normal risk.
- Scooters, Bicycles and other wheeled forms of transportation may not be used inside the Sports Center. Exceptions to this rule include wheelchairs (or other medically necessary forms of transportation).
- Lebanon Valley College is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Fitness Center Rules & Requirements
- Participants utilize the fitness center and equipment at their own risk. Lebanon Valley College is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals participating in any exercise activity. Participation in exercise activity is on a voluntary basis.
- Consult a physician before beginning an exercise program.
- All individuals in the Fitness Center must be at least 15 years old.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. Athletic shoes must be worn at all times. Absolutely no sandals or open-toed or open-backed shoes are permitted.
- All weight equipment should be handled in a responsible manner. Abuse of the equipment will not be tolerated. Users should replace all free weights on appropriate racks after use.
- Have a spotter when using heavy weights. Collars are required at all times for bench press, incline press, decline press and squats.
- Participants must use the equipment only in the manner intended by the manufacturer. Please follow all instructions and posed signs carefully.
- Participants shall not move or modify the equipment in any manner whatsoever. Use safety belt when provided on exercise equipment.
- Do not use the equipment if you are taking any medication that causes drowsiness or have any medical condition which makes such use inappropriate.
- Be courteous, let others work in with you, help spot someone if asked, and refrain from loud or abusive language and excessive talk.
- Wipe down equipment after use. Always carry a workout towel.
- Disorderly conduct and horseplay will not be tolerated.
- Fitness center participants should report all equipment malfunctions to Main Desk Staff.
- Food is not permitted in the fitness center. Water, Gatorade or sports drinks are permitted provided they are in sealable, plastic containers. No glass bottles are permitted in the fitness center. Please dispose of all trash in the receptacles.
- Alcohol, smoking, and drugs are not allowed on the premises. Do not drink alcoholic beverages before using the fitness center.
- Lebanon Valley College is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items. No bags are permitted on the workout floor.
Individuals not adhering to these policies may be asked to leave. Lebanon Valley College reserves the right to revoke the privileges of anyone who violates these rules.
Pool Policies & Privileges
- Only swim when a lifeguard is on duty.
- Youth under 10 years of age must be supervised by an adult in the pool and the locker room.
- Please report all pool incidents and accidents to the lifeguard.
- All swimmers should shower before entering the pool.
- Bathing suits are required. Cut-off jeans or gym shorts are not considered appropriate attire.
- Please refrain from entering the pool with any open wounds or lesions.
- Food, candy, gum, or beverages are not permitted in the pool, locker room, or shower area.
- Please walk; no running.
- Please keeps hands to yourself; no pushing, shoving, or horseplay.
- Rafts and tubes are not permitted in the pool.
- Children who need to wear swimmies or water wings must be supervised by a parent.
- Kickboards and noodles may be used. Please return them to their original area after use.
- Patrons may dive in areas that are 9 feet or greater in depth; however, we ask that you do not dive from the starting blocks. Back dives, flips, or cartwheels are not permitted.
- Lane lines and lifelines are used to separate the pool areas. We ask that they not be used as a resting place unless necessary.
- Walk in entry only. Please do not jump or dive.
- Rules for the Main Pool (above) apply.