Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
On June 15, 2018 LVC’s Bishop Library will be migrating from ILLiad to Tipasa interlibrary loan management system.
- Please save any articles you have received in ILLiad elsewhere (i.e. hard drive, flash drive, the cloud) prior to June 15. Also note, all ILLiad request history will be deleted during this transition.
- If you require a list of your request history, it is recommended that you cut and paste this information into an Excel spreadsheet and save it elsewhere prior to June 15. Request history is not yet a feature offered in Tipasa.
- Additional information about using Tipasa is forthcoming.
Welcome to ILLiad (an acronym for InterLibrary Loan Internet Accessible Database)
Any Lebanon Valley College student, faculty member or staff member with a network account may set up an ILLiad account to request books, articles, CDs, DVDs, and other materials that the Bishop Library does not own or have access to via electronic subscription. After your request is received, the library borrows the material from an interlibrary loan participating library.
Click here to log into your ILLiad account.
What can I borrow?
- Requests for Interlibrary Loans (ILL) should be made only after you conduct a careful search of the
- Bishop Library catalog (for books and AV materials) and the Journal Finder (for links to journal full text titles). Most Journal databases let you place a request by clicking on the ILLiad link.
- Interlibrary loan should not be used to borrow textbooks or course materials as this is prohibited by both the US ILL Code and the Pennsylvania ILL Code.
- We are very rarely successful in obtaining dissertations, popular audiovisual materials, or international publications that are not published in English.
How do I get it?
- The time to obtain materials varies greatly. Some things come within days, while others can take as long as two weeks. The library makes every attempt to obtain and ship materials as quickly as possible.
- We will send all receipt notifications or questions about your requests to your LVC email account.
- Loans may be picked up at the circulation desk of the Bishop Library. Article and book chapter copies will be sent electronically to your ILLiad account.
How do I place a request?
- If you have an account, you can submit an article or loan request or check the status of any existing request online.
- First time users will need to register with the system before placing requests.
For additional information, please see our Interlibrary Loan & Illiad LibGuide.