OneCard Coordinator and Communications Technician
Original Date Prepared: 5/2009 Revision Date: 9/2011
Reports to: Manager of Technical Services
Administrative Group: IT Services
The OneCard Coordinator and Communications Technician is responsible for the administration
and technical support of the OneCard system; the programming of standalone,
card-swipe locksets; and the installation, diagnosis and repair of
communications cable. The OneCard Coordinator and Communications Technician is
a member of the Technical Services group within IT Services.
- Serve as point person for all Dutchman OneCard items.
- Coordinate OneCard equipment troubleshooting, purchases and repairs.
- Manage the creation and deletion of user accounts in the OneCard system.
- Maintain access privileges and other data within the OneCard system.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of all OneCard equipment.
- Program standalone, card-swipe locksets and provide support for them.
- Install, repair and maintain all communications cable on campus (voice, data, catv).
- Coordinate such work by third-parties as needed.
- Respond to, diagnose and resolve reports of cabling problems.
- Assist with telephone, voicemail and cable tv support.
- Assist with server and network administration and support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Principal Internal Working Relationships: Students, faculty and staff.
External Working Relationships: Vendors.
Direct Reports: None.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma. Post-secondary training in a computer-related field preferred; wiring installation experience required.