Database Analyst and Programmer
B.S., Lock Haven State College, 1980.
Address: Lynch 005
Original Date Prepared: 11/2001 Revision Date: 4/2005
Reports to: Director of Enterprise Information Systems
Administrative Group: Information Technology
Functional Description: The Database Analyst/Programmer is responsible for assisting with the management, programming and administration of the college's database information systems. The Database Analyst/Programmer is part of the Enterprise Information Systems group within Information Technology.
- Working with Enterprise Information Systems staff and end users to support and enhance the productivity of the users of the college's database information systems.
- Becoming an expert in:
- Uniquery query language.
- UniBasic and Envision programming.
- Envision screen painter and Envision batch processor.
- Data import/export tools.
- Providing programming and interface support for the college's database information systems including Colleague, Blackboard, Sirsi and 1Card.
- Maintaining documentation on all customizations with special attention to reducing the impact of database patches and new release loads.
- Developing a clear understanding of the overall structure of Colleague.
- Developing a working knowledge of Datatel-supplied subroutines to support query-language dictionaries.
- Developing and maintaining:
- Custom versions of standard forms.
- Custom Envision subroutines to support query-language dictionaries.
- Custom Envision screens primarily to support WebAdvisor.
Principal Internal Working Relationships: Students, faculty and staff.
External Working Relationships: Vendors.
Direct Reports: None.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree.