Buying a Computer
The College has agreements with Lenovo and Apple for purchasing computers and related equipment for personal use, and with Journey Ed for purchasing software. All of these agreements provide special educational discounts to LVC students, faculty and staff for personal purchases. If you are interested in completing a purchase with College funds for software or equipment, please contact the Office of Information Technology for assistance.
Note: To order a computer system or software for personal use, you may need to make a copy of your college ID card in order to verify that you are a student, faculty or staff member of the college. If you are a new student without a college ID card, you may instead use a copy of the letter from LVC that confirms receipt of your admission deposit.
Below you will find information about the computers and software that the College recommends and uses. Note: If you are a resident student, you may want to check out the computer requirements.
PC with Windows - When buying a new Windows computer, you should purchase Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional to simplify connecting to resources on the campus network. The College purchases Windows desktops and notebooks from Lenovo. For recommended systems at special LVC discounts, visit the Lenovo website.
Macintosh with OS X - Apple offers iMac all-in-one desktops and MacBook notebooks. All Macs come with OS X, an operating system that includes sophisticated networking and video editing capabilities. Visit Apple's Custom Store for LVC.
Microsoft Office 365 - is free for every student and employee at LVC. With Office 365, you will have access to the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and much more.
- You may install on up to 5 compatible PC and Mac computers, plus 5 tablet devices (including iPad!)
- Office 365 includes 1TB of storage from OneDrive and can automatically sync with your mobile devices.
- The Office 365 subscription continues as long as you're enrolled or employed at LVC.
To download your free Microsoft Office software, follow these simple steps:
Desktop or Laptop Computers:
- Visit https://login.microsoftonline.com
- Enter your LVC Credentials (email address and password) to download or use Office 365 online
- On the installation page select your language and click install
Mobile or Tablet Devices:
- Download from your app store
- After completing the installation, sign in with your LVC credentials (email address and password) for full editing capability
If you have trouble installing Office, please visit: http://aka.ms/office365help.
Purchasing Software - Discounts on other software applications are available to students, faculty and staff through Journey Ed. Note that current, full-time LVC students may use the College's antivirus software at no charge. Shop JourneyEd
Verizon and AT&T Discounts - Verizon and AT&T Customers now receive up to an 18% discount off their monthly bill just for being employed by LVC.
Contact the Information Technology Solutions Center at 717-867-6072 during regular business hours.