Goals and Objectives 2013-2014
Making Lebanon Valley College a violence-free community.
General Objectives for Overview Speech (Target-300 students)
- To employ a bystander prevention program (Green Dot) as a tool to create a campus climate intolerant of power based personal violence (sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, stalking, etc.).
- To increase the efficacy of bystander behavior when confronted with power based personal violence.
- To convey the message that everyone in the community has a role to play in ending power based personal violence. The main message it that "Nobody has to do everything but everyone has to do something."
for Training (Target 25 students)
- To inform students about power based personal violence
and the resources at their disposal to address it.
is the difference between a Red Dot and a Green Dot?
can you learn more about the Green Dot Strategy?
- Increase students sense of responsibility for creating a
campus community free of power based personal violence and commitment to
playing a role in preventing its occurrence.
Green Dot will you do in the next 24 hours?
- To empower, inspire and motivate students to take action
when faced with a potential act of power based personal violence.
differences between Red Dots and Green Dots
- Define power-based personal violence
- To equip students with basic bystander intervention
- Define bystander intervention
- Understand obstacles to action
- Define and give examples for
each of the 3 D’s