Goals and Objectives 2014-2015
Making Lebanon Valley College a violence-free community.
- To employ a bystander prevention program (Green Dot) as a tool to create a campus climate intolerant of power based personal violence (sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, stalking, etc.).
- To increase the efficacy of bystander behavior when confronted with power based personal violence.
- To convey the message that everyone in the community has a role to play in ending power based personal violence. The main message it that "Nobody has to do everything but everyone has to do something."
Mission & Goals of Green Dot Task Force
The mission of the Green Dot Task Force is to support programming that creates a safe, healthy living and learning environment intolerant of sexual and other forms of power-based personal violence.
The goals of the Green Dot Task Force are to:
- Educate the campus community about the dangers of power-based personal violence and ways to address and reduce it through bystander intervention
- Coordinate Green Dot activities, including campus and community outreach, delivering Green Dot bystander intervention training, and marketing of the Green Dot message
- Assess outcomes of Green Dot programming.