Student Employment Payroll Information
Student Payroll Policies and Procedures
1. Available student employment positions are posted on the Lebanon Valley College online Job Board under Financial Aid. Students may contact the hiring department directly to inquire about an available job. Students who are eligible for Federal Work Study are notified in their financial aid award letter. It is the student’s responsibility to be aware of their FWS award. Departments should give highest preference to FWS students when hiring. Students who do not qualify for FWS may be hired after reasonable efforts have been made to employ FWS students.
2. Students may work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the academic year and a maximum of 40 hours per week during the summer and holiday periods. Students will receive a paycheck on approximately a monthly basis for hours worked. Payment for hours worked will not appear as a credit on the student account. Any student wishing to credit the funds toward a student account balance may do so by endorsing the check and depositing it in the Business Office. Paychecks may be cashed at the student’s banking institution. Free checking is available at Fulton Bank for LVC students.
3. In order to receive a paycheck for hours worked, ALL students must complete and submit a W-4 and I-9 form to the Office of Payroll and Benefits (Humanities 108), or to the office in which the student works, no later than their first day of work. ID must be presented in accordance with federal guidelines. No payroll checks will be processed until the proper paperwork has been submitted.
a. Pay dates and deadlines for student payroll will be circulated and posted online at the beginning of each semester. It is the supervisor’s responsibility to forward approved time sheets to the Office of Payroll and Benefits by the specified deadlines.
4. During the academic year, student paychecks will be distributed in Humanities 108 unless a student requests that it be forwarded to a home address. If the paycheck has not been picked up within one week, it will be forwarded to the home address. Students must show either a valid Lebanon Valley College ID card or driver’s license to pick up a paycheck. The last paycheck of each semester will be mailed unless the Office of Payroll and Benefits is notified.
5. Direct deposit of student paychecks is available to any bank or credit union. Direct deposit paystubs will be mailed to the home address.
6. Student employees are exempt from Social Security and Medicare (FICA) taxes during the academic year as per IRS guidelines. These taxes are withheld during summer employment. During summer employment, College-provided room and board is considered as taxable compensation. Appropriate taxes will be withheld from the student’s pay if applicable.