- One-half tuition scholarship (50 percent); in 2014-2015, the value of this scholarship will be $18,235
- Awarded to high school seniors graduating in the top 10 percent of their class
- Retention requirements: 2.75 semester GPA first two semesters; 3.00 semester GPA all remaining semesters
- One-third tuition scholarship (33.33 percent); in 2014-2015, the value of this scholarship will be $12,157
- Awarded to high school seniors graduating in the top 20 percent of their class
- Retention requirements: 2.50 semester GPA first two semesters; 2.75 semester GPA all remaining semesters
- One-quarter tuition scholarship (25 percent); in 2014-2015, the value of this scholarship will be $9,118
- Awarded to high school seniors graduating in the top 30 percent of their class
- Retention requirements: 2.25 semester GPA first two semesters; 2.50 semester GPA all remaining semesters
Students who rank outside the top 10 percent of their high school class, or who attend a high school that does not rank, but have a combined Critical Reading and Math SAT score of 1,100 or ACT composite score of 24, will be invited to interview for one of the Presidential Scholarships.
Application Process: Students who complete the admission process are automatically considered for the scholarships. There is no separate application. To ensure full consideration, however, make sure that the admissions process is completed by March 1.
Scholarship Determination: Scholarships are awarded through the admission process. Generally, a student applies and is accepted to Lebanon Valley College during the senior year, therefore, the scholarship is based on the class rank at that point in time. It is important to remember that official scholarship eligibility is based on the student's final transcript. If the class rank should move up or down at the end of the student's senior year so may the scholarship.
Duration of Scholarship Eligibility: Scholarship eligibility is eight semesters if all GPA requirements are met.
Uses of Scholarships: Presidential Scholarship funds may be used for full-time study on the Annville campus and for one semester in LVC-affiliated study abroad programs.
Retention Requirements and the Review Process: Semester GPA requirements of scholarship recipients are reviewed at the end of each semester. If the student does not meet the scholarship requirement, a warning letter is sent to the student, parent(s), and advisor. This letter notifies the student that he/she is in jeopardy of having the scholarship reduced or rescinded and that he/she should seek tutoring and contact his/her advisor. If the student does not meet the semester GPA requirement for two consecutive semesters, then the student will drop to the scholarship level of the current semester GPA. If the student does drop in scholarship and there is demonstrated financial need, then the student may also receive an institutional need-based grant to replace all or a portion of the lost scholarship funds. If the semester GPA is below a 2.25 (for the first two semesters) or 2.50 (for all remaining semesters), but above a 2.00, then the student will receive a Conditional Scholarship ($1,750 per semester) for the following semester. A student is only eligible to receive the Conditional Scholarship for a total of two semesters (may or may not be consecutive) throughout the eight semesters the student is at LVC. If the student drops below a 2.00 semester GPA, then the student may receive an institutional need-based grant if there is demonstrated eligibility. Once the student meets the semester GPA requirement or improves the semester GPA, he/she will move back up to the original scholarship or receive the scholarship of the respective semester GPA requirement. The student may never move beyond the level of scholarship he/she received when accepted at LVC.
For more information, contact the Admission Office at 1-866-LVC-4ADM toll free (1-866-582-4236) or 1-717-867-6181.