Montgomery GI Bill - Ch 32
The Veterans Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 32) is available to students who elected to make contributions from their military pay to participate in this education benefit program. The amount of the benefit depends on the amount that the veteran contributed to the program.
For more information about VEAP (Chapter 32), including instructions on how to apply for the benefit, visit the following website: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/veap.asp.
To qualify, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Entered service for the first time between January 1, 1977, and June 30, 1985
- Opened a contribution account before April 1, 1987
- Voluntarily contributed from $25 to $2700
- Completed first period of service
- Was discharged or released from service under conditions other than dishonorable
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill