Veterans/Military Education Benefits

All degree granting programs offered at Lebanon Valley College are approved by the VA, as well as select study abroad, certificate programs, and continuing education programs. Students may also receive their benefits while participating in internship placements. 

For contacts, information, questions, and forms regarding benefits and eligibility:

  • Go to  This site has been updated to answer all questions and provide all forms needed to apply for benefits under the new Post 9/11 GI Bill®
  • Call the DVA Regional Office at 888-442-4551
  • Contact your unit's Readiness NCO
  • Call the ARNG Education Support Center (ESC) at 866-628-5999

Click here to access the Enrollment Certification Request form (PDF). Please type directly in the form, print the completed form, sign it and submit it to the School Certifying Official. 

The Lebanon Valley College School Certifying Official contact is: 

        Breanne Zipko 
        Financial Aid Office
        Fax: 717-867-6027

Lebanon Valley College is committed to supporting all military students and those using military education benefits. Please contact Breanne Zipko with any questions regarding the military education benefit process. 
All students receiving veterans/military benefits must complete the Enrollment Certification Request form (located above) and submit it to the School Certifying Official prior to the start of each semester or term in order to have their enrollment certified and to be able to receive benefits from the VA. Any student who adds/drops a class, changes status from full to part time or vice versa, or withdraws for any reason, even due to a call to active duty, must notify the School Certifying Official immediately. The school has only 30 days to notify the VA of such changes before the student will be at risk of an overpayment which the VA will collect from the student. Students should also notify the School Certifying Official of increases in the number of credits being taken so they do not miss out on additional payments.

Note: Students who will be using Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill®) benefits must also submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the School Certifying Official along with a copy of their completed form 22-1990 (or 22-1990E for dependents). Any forms submitted previously by the student to the VA can be reprinted by the student via their eBenefits account, which can be accessed at

For the 2016-2017 Academic year, Lebanon Valley College will not limit the number of Yellow Ribbon eligible and LVC accepted undergraduate students into the Yellow Ribbon Program.

Please be advised that Lebanon Valley College reserves the right to decrease institutional aid awarded to students receiving military and veteran's benefits as set forth below:

The College reserves the right to decrease any institutional aid (grants/scholarships) if the sum of the veteran's benefits paid directly to the school exceeds the amount charged for tuition and fees.

- and -

The College reserves the right to decrease institutional aid that is awarded based on need if the sum of the institutional need-based aid AND the veteran's benefits paid directly to LVC exceeds the student's financial need as determined by the FAFSA. The student's non-need-based scholarship will NOT be adjusted through this portion of the policy. 

The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) may, at their discretion, reduce a student’s anticipated Post-9/11 GI Bill® payment to Lebanon Valley College for tuition and fees in order to satisfy a student’s outstanding debt (of any kind) with DVA. Students are responsible for any balance due to the College as a result of a reduced Post-9/11 GI Bill® payment.

List of Veterans/Military Education Benefit Programs

To access the GI Bill
® Comparison Tool visit the following website:

  1. GI Bill® (
          Chapter 30 (MGIB-AD Active Duty )
          Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation Program, have at least a 10% VA disability)
          Chapter 32 (VEAP, Entered service between Jan. 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985)
          Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill) and Yellow Ribbon Program
          Chapter 35 (DEA, Survivors and Dependents Education Assistance Program)
          Chapter 1606 (MGIB-SR, Selected Reserve Program, NG or Reserves after 1985)
          National Call to Service (Currently enlisted, have had least 15 months active duty) 

  2. Pennsylvania National Guard Education Assistance Program (EAP)

  3. Army National Guard (ARNG) and Active Guard Reserve (AGR) Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)


Student Responsibilities

Click here to access the VA Benefit Step-by-Step Checklist.

  • Determine benefit eligibility by reviewing the information above and visiting the following websites:
    GI Bill® Benefits -
    EAP -
    FTA -
  • Apply for the education benefit and provide the School Certifying Official with your confirmation of benefit approval. Transfer students who have used a GI Bill® benefit at a previous institution must also submit VA Form 22-1995 to the VA Regional Processing Office and provide LVC's School Certifying Official with a copy.
  • Submit the Enrollment Certification Request form (see form above) to the School Certifying Official prior to the beginning of each semester
  • Notify the School Certifying Official of any changes in your enrollment status (add/drop classes, withdrawal, leave of absence, change of major, etc.) as any of these may affect your benefit. 
  • Recipients of Chapter 30, Chapter 1606 or Chapter 1607 must verify their attendance at the end of each month to receive the previous month's benefit. Attendance must be verified online through WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment).

Applying for Financial Aid

  • Complete the appropriate year's FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online at The FAFSA is both the federal and state grant application.
    • The FAFSA is recommended to be completed for consideration for other types of financial aid even if you already receive a military education benefit.

Loan Programs


Review the military scholarships listed on LVC's Outside Scholarship List to see if there is a scholarship that applies to you.

General Educational Resources for Veterans

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at