Do you have any questions?
- For the Environment . . .
- Recycling reduces our depending on landfills and incinerators
- Conserves natural resources
- Minimizes Greenhouse Gases, Air and Water Pollutants
- For the Economy . . .
- For every job in collecting recyclables, 26 jobs are created in processing the materials and manufacturing them into products.
- For Lebanon Valley College . . .
- Demonstrates Environmental Responsibility
- Reduces overall disposal costs
Why Single-stream Recycling?
- Single-stream technology provides a revolutionary program that allows customers to utilize one receptacle for all of their recyclables.
- This greatly reduces hauler collection costs by eliminating the need for multi-compartment vehicles.
- This simplified process can increase household recycling up to 35%.
What can be recycled?
- Plastic containers with symbols 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
- Clear or Colored Bottles and Jars
- Newspaper, Glossy print, Magazines, Office paper, Cardboard, Soft Covered books. *Rule of thumb – if you can tear it you can recycle it!
- Aluminum, Steel and Tin cans
Please remember to:
- Remove all food debris
- Remove lids
- Labels DO NOT need to be removed
Household battery recycling
- Dry Cell batteries (A, AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt)
- Batteries used in toys, radios, watches, hearing aids, cameras, etc. can NOT be disposed in the trash since contaminants may leach into the ground and harm the environment.
Where do I put my used batteries?
- Dormitories--place in container designated for batteries located in trash rooms.
- Office and Faculty personal--Place on corner of desk for collection by housekeeping.