Bioterrorism/Suspicious Mail or Package
It is important that individuals take appropriate actions in
the event that they receive a suspicious package or envelope, or
a threatening phone call regarding a biological agent.
- Remain calm and alert.
- Do not handle a suspicious package.
- Do not use cellular phones or radio communication.
- Call 911.
- Call LVC public safety (ext. 6111).
- Alert other employees and be prepared to evacuate the building.
- Evacuate the building if directed to do so by College or other
emergency officials. (See
building evacuation procedures).
- Return to the building only when given the "all clear" signal by emergency personnel.
Note: Individuals who may have been exposed to a biological agent
will be kept separated from other individuals within an enclosed area
until properly examined or treated.