The town of Annville is located in an area where the risk of earthquake exposure to the College is considered slight: Seismic Zone 1 as defined by the Uniform Building Code.
An earthquake and any subsequent aftershocks may trigger secondary events such as fire
, and the release or spread of hazardous materials
If shaking is felt, the following are appropriate:
When shaking has stopped:
- Get under a desk, table, door arch, or stairwell.
- If none of the above is available, move to an interior wall and cover your head with your arms.
- Stay away from large glass windows, shelving systems, and tall room partitions.
- Survey the immediate area for trapped or injured persons.
- Evacuate the building using Building Evacuation Procedures on page 9.
- Return to the building only when given the “all clear” signal by emergency personnel.