Act 354 of the Pennsylvania School Code requires that:
• All students be admitted to teacher certification candidacy before the student teaching semester.
• Admission to teacher certification candidacy is contingent upon:
1. completion of a minimum of 48 college credits;
2. an overall, calculated, cumulative GPA of no lower than 3.0 after having completed the minimum 48 credits;
3. completion of one English composition course;
4. completion of one English or American literature course;
5. completion of two college level mathematics courses;
6. completion of the Application for Admission to Teacher Certification Candidacy Form;
7. successful passing of the required Pennsylvania Educator Certification Tests (PECT).
To access all of the requirements imposed by Ch. 354, please visit the PDE website. Click on Teachers and Teacher Certifications, followed by PA Certification, and finally, Important Certification Requirements.