Students Rights & Responsibilities
Otherwise qualified students with disabilities have the right to:
Eligible students with disabilities have the responsibility to:
- Freedom from discrimination, harassment or retaliation related to a disability, or to attempts to obtain accommodations, or to file a complaint regarding denial of accommodations.
- Equal access to educational and student programs, services and activities offered by the college.
- Appropriate accommodations (i.e., environmental modifications, academic adjustments, and or auxiliary aids) determined through an interactive process between each eligible student and the Director of Disability Resources.
- Confidentiality regarding information related to a disability within the confines of “need to know” basis.
- Information available in accessible formats.
- Assistance through the Center for Disability Resources in removing barriers and obtaining accommodations.
- Identify as a student with a disability and request services and/or accommodations in a timely manner.
- Provide appropriate documentation of a disability.
- Follow the Procedure to Request Services listed on the Center for Disability Resources webpage.
- Pick up Accommodation Letters in the Center for Disability Resources at the beginning of each semester.
- Deliver Accommodation Letters in a timely manner to those professors from whom the student is seeking accommodations.
- Meet with professors by appointment or during office hours to discuss the accommodations requested in that class.
- Complete and return exam schedule to Center for Disability Resources; notify the Disability Resources Assistant of any changes in the exam schedule.
- Make an appointment with the Director of Disability Resources if any questions or difficulties arise regarding accommodations or other disability issues.